Wednesday, September 4, 2013

His: Sequence #2


Jen writes every evening. Tap, tap, tap-tap, tap, taptaptap, tap. I hear those keys. I better get writing. Good motivation.

A friend visited this weekend. We taught middle school together for 6 years, rooms side by side, until he retired to The Villages last year. We play golf. Then drink and eat, and drink a little more. 

I wondered how this partaking in sake and beer will affect me. I had stopped the alcohol and caffeine. The accumulative effect of these pleasures tends to fatigue the mind and body, especially during the school year.

But I woke up at 4:30 AM and practiced for a couple of hours and feel grateful for the practice. It centers, relaxes, rejuvenates, and restores. When I practice on Monday morning, I know it will be a good week.

Today’s practice encourages me to teach yoga—maybe sooner rather than later. Here is my second corrected sequence with notes:



 
 

Before practice, I read. This quote jumps at me: “The problem with desire is that you do not desire deeply enough! Why not desire it all? You don’t like what you have and want what you don’t have simply reverse this. Want what you have and don’t want what you don’t have. Here you will find true fulfillment.” The answer.





No comments:

Post a Comment