Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Hers: It's Your Practice



Me in a three-legged Dog Pose taken at Bandeliar National Monument
(Which, after seeing, I made Gary take another picture of another pose because I didn't like what I saw.)
I've been lax.
I haven't published a post in a week and a half.
My metta practice, thankfully, is solid. Each day, I wake, I floss and brush my teeth, I find my way into our yoga room, and I sit for my morning metta practice. It's now part my routine.
But still, I've been lax. My daily writing practice has waned. I've only jotted a few ideas, a few notes, bullet points of experience...
My practice has been weak. And I'm not too happy about it. Just like the picture above that I made Gary retake, I want to see something different than what is.
However......
Even though you say your practice is not good enough, there is no other practice for you right now. Good or bad, it is your practice.             Shunryu Suzuki, Not Always So

No comments:

Post a Comment